Guide Dogs Queensland has an exciting opportunity for an experienced veterinary nurse to join our team in our new onsite veterinary clinic in Bald Hills.
This part-time position works closely with our Breeding & Veterinary Care Manager and Guide Dog Services team and is responsible ensuring the health and welfare of our dog colony is maintained at the highest standard. After-hours and on call work may be required very occasionally.
If you have the appetite and motivation to provide excellent veterinary services combined with your passion for animals, then we would like to hear from you!
To be successful in the role we are looking for someone with at least 3 years’ work experience as a Veterinary Nurse (including surgical nursing) as well as:
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing or higher
- Confidence monitoring anaesthetics for routine and non-routine surgeries
- Exceptional organisation and communication skills
- Good dog handling skills and ability to demonstrate effective leadership with dogs
Applicants with previous reproduction and/or whelping experience are encouraged to apply.
Guide Dogs Queensland is a leading provider of services to Queenslanders living with no or low vision. Voted one of Australia’s most trusted charities, and with thanks to the ongoing support of the community, we are able to help people with low or no vision reach their goals and experience everything life has to offer. Our services are all tailored to ensure blind and vision impaired Queenslanders can fulfil their potential and live life the way they choose.
We offer our team:
- Roles which challenge and reward you whilst allowing you to grow your skill set.
- A competitive salary in accordance with experience.
- A rewarding career where you have the chance to make a real difference to the lives of Queenslanders living with low or no vision.
- Great location, beautiful campus and dogs in the workplace.
- Close to public transport and free onsite parking.
- Great team culture.
- GDQ is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated leadership team. We support our staff with learning and development opportunities, an employee benefits program and progressive workforce management strategies.
To view our position description, please click here.
How to Apply
Please complete the application form below and submit your covering letter explaining why you would be suitable to the role (no more than 2 pages) and a copy of your Resume/CV.